Check this scary stuff out:
- At present over 60% of adult australians are overweight and or struggling with obesity :-(
- Its expected that in the year 2025 83% of males & 67% of females will be overweight or obese compared with 65% and 50% (as measured by the National Nutrition Survey 1995). This is just ridiculous as it can be stopped!
- The health risks associated with being overweight and or obese include hypertension, type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease and stroke, leading to the title of Metabolic syndrome, yes the jackpot. Again, in most cases, many of theses diseases are lifestyle diseases, and can be turned around with education and plans and strategies, plus a whole lot of mind massage.
So how the hell does Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) get the thumbs up in regards to weight loss and fat loss? Great question, lets take a look.
Well here is the low down team:
- Olieoiletanolamide (OEA), no i won’t ask you to pronounce it or spell it i promise you, is one of the big reasons EVOO is so fantastic in your weight loss adventure. But why? EVOO is a rich source of dietary Oleic acid (monounsaturated fatty acid).
- OEA, is a bio-active compound derived from the ingested oleic acid, and this has been show in the research to increase satiety ( yes your satisfaction from your meals), meaning you eat less, you crave less, and your results are improved greatly.
- Its supported that when you consume OEA and it accumulates in your small intestines, it regulates your appetite control, through a relationship with a specialised nerve called the vagus nerve (yes the good old mind -gut relationship), again as Ive spoken about many times before, weight loss and fat loss is always more than just calories, its much more complex. But be sure, if you get your gut health pumping, fat burning and sustained results become a hell of a lot easier.
- A key to sustained fat loss and weight loss is enjoying your food, correct? If you don’t enjoy what your eating, then sustainability is just not possible! So again this is another reason EVOO adds its magic. Its widely supported that adding premium EVOO makes your vegetables and salads taste much better (therefore substantially increases the intake of fat burning and weight loss most secret weapon), dietary fibre!
- EVOO and mother natures pharmacy (fruit and vegetables):
- Carotenoids are the specialised pigments that give fruit and vegetables its amazing colour. They are proposed cancer fighting properties in the body.
- Carotenoids require dietary fat for absorption! Therefore cooking them in EVOO increase absorption of carotenoids, making you feel and perform better. If your feeling and performing better, your burning more fuel, again leading to more weight loss, and fat loss. (Try some parmesan infused oil, or maybe some charged garlic EVOO to your very next meal, yummy!).
- Glucosinolates are well known bio-active substances from the cruciferous family (cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale), again with proposed cancer protect properties.
- Glucosinolates are water soluble and are better preserved and absorbed in fat (i.e EVOO).
- The health benefits of EVOO start at approximately 2 tablespoons per day, with some research supporting increased benefits with higher doses.
- The belief that olive oil consumption INCREASES the risk of obesity is NOT supported by any reliable evidence.
So there you have it: EVOO will help you lose weight, burn fat, and have you enjoying what your eating more, and allowing you to feel and perform better with NO cravings, No starvation, NO deprivation, and NO DIETING!