So you suffer with aches and pains, and find yourself regularly making friends with Ibuprofen or Paracetamol, maybe even stronger forms of medication to help relieve some of the horrible symptoms just to get you through your day. If this sounds familiar, its time to read on, as this next few paragraphs will astound you and quite possibly improve your life substantially.
Before we go deep into the maintenance and control of the pain and stiffness with joint inflammation, check these numbers out:
- Most recent figures report that approximately 15% of the Australian population suffers with Arthritis.
- The 2 most common forms are Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis is a chronic, degenerative joint disease which is characterised by joint destruction and deformity, along with cartilage loss. Symptoms include pain, stiffness, tenderness, substantially reduced range of motion, and crepitus (that yucky grating sensation).
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is also a chronic disease, however it is an autoimmune disease, which again leads to joint and cartilage destruction. Symptoms can include those above but also afternoon fatigue and weakness, and joint swelling.
Scary stuff about the effects of long term inflammation include:
- Long term chronic inflammation has been heavily linked tot he development of various pathologies, such as cardiovascular disease, asthma, and even Alzheimer’s disease.
- At the cellular level, this nasty chronic inflammation results in the production of those destructive free radical (think wrecking balls) and therefore the reduction in those amazing antioxidants (think street sweepers who clean up all the mess and take out the rubbish).
So where does the good news come from? You guessed it, EVOO strikes again guys. Yes liquid gold!
How and why does EVOO work its magic on cellular inflammation you ask? Lets take a look.
- Check out these bio-active anti-inflammatory compounds found in EVOO: Oleocanthal, oleic acid, alpha-linoleic acid, and vitamin E.
- Oleocanthal – An amazing natural anti-inflammatory compound that blocks certain pain pathways, simply magical. It has the same mode of action as the non steroidal anti-inflammatory ibuprofen, but without all the nasty side effects, you win.
- Oleic acid – (an omega 9 mono unsaturated fat). This amazing gift acts in a similar fashion to fish oils in reducing inflammation. Through a cascade of amazing inflammation pathways oleic acid inhibits some of the inflammation signals in your body, again, you win.
- Alpha-linoleic acid (ALA an Omega 3 acid). ALA may lead to a reduction in tissue concentrations of the nasty arachidonic acid (a key inflammatory player). ALA can be metabolised into (EPA and DHA – other amazing omega 3 fatty acids which work their magic in reducing inflammation). Yes, you win again!
- Vitamin E – Helps inhibit the nasty inflammation players again, a potent antioxidant. Again, you win!
Still not sure whether the liquid gold EVOO is right for you, read on still.
A 2005 randomised controlled trial of 43 patients with arthritis (12 weeks) showed that the consumption of 9.6ml (roughly 2 teaspoons) of premium EVOO in combination with 3g of fish oil per day, resulted in significantly decreased pain, reduced morning joint stiffness, reduced time taken to walk 18metres, and a substantial increase in grip strength. This was compared to no greater change with non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen.
So once again you can see the powerful actions of this truly amazing “mother natures pharmacy” leader. EVOO is truly a must use daily for general health and wellbeing, that is of course if your serious about living a charmed life.
P:S – Reminder to you all! If your serious about taking control of your life and performing better, feeling great, and looking amazing take advantage of “YOUR FREE” Problem solving session (valued at $149) with myself as advertised on the website. Simply fill out the form on the site and email to me, and I will CONTACT YOU to arrange “YOUR FREE” Problem solving session! Stop SELF SABOTAGING YOU and get the skills and tools you require to change your life – FOREVER!